Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Polynesian Workshop Presented by Pualani's Polynesian Revue
Saturday, April 13, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- A promo code for discounts on Pualani's Polynesian Revue events and services, including classes, workshops and performances
- A sweet fabric hibiscus hair clip to give you that island look! (assorted colors available on a first-come, first-pick basis)
Part II Attendees Also Receive
- Complete printed handouts, including choreography notes
- A CD-ROM containing PDF files of all printed material
- A private link to a web site where you can download notes and get information on where to purchase music used in the choreographies
- Classes are open to girls and women age 13 and above. All attendees under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult during check-in/registration. (No ticket charge for non-participating adult chaperones.)
- No prior dance experience is required for either session, but Polynesian dance can be challenging to the knees and lower back. Please consult with your doctor first if you have any medical condition that may affect your ability to fully participate in the workshop.
- For the comfort and safety of everyone, we cannot permit children below the age of 13 in the studio while the workshop is in session.
- Dance/yoga clothing is recommended: unitard, yoga/jazz pants, capris, leggings, tank top, bra top, t-shirt, etc.
- If you are uncomfortable dancing barefoot, we recommend light, non-slip dance footwear such as ballet shoes, half-sole sandals, "foot undeez," jazz sneakers, etc. (No athletic shoes.)
- You may also wear a sarong (pareu/beach wrap) or hip scarf, but no jingles, please!
- You can order a souvenir short-sleeve T-shirt and mini sarong when you order your ticket!
What to Bring
- Water and snacks
- Camera / Video Recorder / Audio Recorder (see restrictions below)
Because this event includes copyrighted and proprietary material, please observe the following:
- You may take all the photographs you like.
- You may make an audio or video recording of instructional time for your personal use only. (Do NOT upload to YouTube, Facebook, etc., or otherwise copy and distribute.)
- Likewise, do not copy, distribute or upload notes, handouts or other printed materials you receive.
Liability: All workshop attendees will be required to sign a waiver of liability. Attendees under the age of 19 (the age of majority in the state of Alabama) must have this waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Non-participating Guests: An attendee who is under the age of 16 may have one parent or guardian accompany them to the workshop. The parent/guardian does not have to purchase a ticket, but he/she will not be permitted to participate in class. (ALL attendees under 16 MUST have a parent or legal guardian present.) Otherwise, only registered attendees are permitted in the classroom during the workshop.
Copyrighted and Proprietary Material: This workshop includes copyrighted and proprietary material that is protected under United States law. Under NO circumstances should any workshop materials -- printed, audio or video -- be copied, distributed or uploaded in any manner without the express written permission of Amy Walker (Amy Pualani Miller). This includes any printed or digital material distributed by the workshop as well as any notes, diagrams, audio recordings or video recordings made by a participant.
Prohibited forms of copying and distribution include (but are not limited to) posting to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or other social media sites, emailing files, photocopying printed materials, and uploading files to file-sharing services.
When & Where
Pualani's Polynesian Revue
Pualani's Polynesian Revue is an emerging Hawaiian/Tahitian dance and percussion company based in Birmingham, Alabama, under the direction of lead dancer and choreographer, Amy "Pualani" Miller.